Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Testing....Testing.....1,2,3

In order to finish my teaching degree, I have to take a series of tests called the Praxis Series. Back in March I registered to take the Reading, Math, and Writing tests, the closest place to here to take the tests is in Orem, and the next available testing date was April 24, 2010. Anyway I did everything I was supposed to do to pre-register, but when I arrived there I was told they did not have enough testing materials for me to take the math portion of the test.....so that means I get to go back and do it all over again. I have called them 4 times now to get this re-scheduled, each time I get a new answer, I am supposed to be registered for the July 31st test but have yet to recieve any testing materials or my admission tickets....I am so frustrated, with as big of a name as Praxis is in the education world, I would think they would resolve problems in a more orderly fashion. I called again today and conveniently the person I need to get in contact with is not in. I have already paid for this test...I think it's totally unfair that people can come in on the same day for an emergency registration and receive the testing materials before those who have registered early. I am supposed to get a call back today and hopefully resolve this once and for all. I hate to be a complainer.....but this is crazy. On a happier note, I did pass the other 2 tests on my first try :-)

No comments: