Well we got up yesterday at 3:00 a.m. in order to make it to JC Penny's by 4:00 there wasn't a whole lot we really wanted there but we had to go anyway, just in case we missed something in the ads and of course to get our free smow globe. We did find a couple things and were out of there by 4:15 headed to Wal-Mart. Here we waited and waited counting down the long minutes to 5:00, thinking we were very smart we had our people positioned on each side of the entrances with very good position too I must say, well here they come to unlock the doors.....waiting patiently (or as patient as we can) watching the key go into the lock.....waiting.....waiting...nothing our doors would not open :( By this time everyone was pushing and shoving toward the other doors.....we got smashed, prodded, pushed and ended up making it in the door by the hair's on our chins. I could not believe it! This was the most people I have ever seen lined up in the parking lot, they stretched nearly out to main street on both entrances....crazy....I know....and here we were in the middle of this mess! Well needless to say I wasn't able to accomplish my mission by getting any of the major things on my list...I was so bummed. The most frustrating part was seeing people with multiple amount of the same item, one thing I was looking for a lady had about 40 of them in her cart...WHAT? I think there should be some kind of limit or something when people are buying the discounted items then selling them on E-Bay that's not cool. I only wanted 2 of them I mean really. I did find a few other items and it was fun...I just don't see the need for the hoarding that was going on this year...Hopefully next year will be better :) Only 364 days to go!
I got tagged by my sister and am finally getting around to doing it. So here it goes.
1. What time do you wake up? Lately it's been between 3:30 and 5:00 a.m.
2. On a good night, what time is your child in bed? Schydi and Leyton usually crash around 7:00 .m. since the time change and DaNell and Taylor are usually in bed by 8:30 p.m.
3. How long have you been a mommy?13 years and 23 days
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 18 and 3 days later turned 19
5. What is your favorite chore?I like vacuuming. It make the whole house feel clean.
6. What is your favorite meal to cook? I love to cook chicken noodle soup from scratch with hot rolls, it's the best!
7. What meal do you cook most often? I would have to say Spaghetti with garlic bread.
8. What are 5 things about being a mom that make you smile?1 DaNell 2 Taylor 3 Schydi 4 Leyton 5 all of the fun we have together as a family
9. If you could take your child anywhere, where would it be? Yellowstone N.P.
10. When was the last time you went out without your child?With Leyton being in preschool now, I get almost daily outings alone. Some days it's great and others I wonder what to do with myself.
11. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom?When Taylor was 3 and got sick and the dr.'s couldn't tell us what the problem was, it turned out to be his appendix, the decision to do the surgery or not was very stressful since they couldn't say for sure that is what it was. We didn't have a lot to go on. Everything turned out o.k., and we learned a lot throughout the process.
12. When was the last time you told your child "I love you"?About 2 hours ago
13. When was the last time you were told I love you?This morning right after Leyton got up. The others told me when they were leaving to catch the bus at 6:45 a.m. My husband tells me 4 or 5 times a day too. It's great to be this loved!
P.S. Hey Janice, I know your kids are older, but you are still a mom and TAG your it! :)
Here it is, Thanksgiving week already. Turkey and all the fixins are only a few days away I can't hardly wait. Especially for the day after. My partner in crime and I (you know who you are) obviously have no patience and have been searching the net for Black Friday ads for a couple of weeks now hoping to get a heads up over our competition. We found some sites, however are a little skeptical if they are the true ads or not. So really we are in the same boat as before, although if they are the right ads and prices...LOOK OUT WAL-MART cuz here we come and we take no prisoners!
Happy 29th Aunt Becca!!! I can't believe my baby sister is 29 today. Seems like just yesterday we were discussing which guy to go out with, playing on the grass slip-N-slide, barbies, making movies with our Troll Dolls, and all of this with a few disagreements in between. My how time flies. Now we talk for hours almost daily. Way back then we usually got into trouble together and some days we still do. Thanks to AIM (I don't know how I ever survived without it or without our daily chats :) ). Thanks Becca for being my favorite sister.......my only sister......and my best friend. Here's lookin forward to loggin tons more im hours this year. I can't tell ya how many times you are my saving grace.
We Love You!!
P.S. In honor of Becca's birthday our menu has been changed to burgers and fries :D
DaNell came home from school yesterday, and announced that she has volunteered to be the Girls Basketball manager. I am proud of her for making her own decisions and for offering to help. I'll update if and when it becomes official.
With Halloween being over, that makes one down and two to go. Halloween for me is like the appetizer, it leaves me anticipating the main course. Thanksgiving, all the turkey, stuffing, potatoes, salads, and pie I can hold [without feeling guilty of course:) ], then onto dessert. Christmas which happens to be one of my favorite holidays. I love the magic, and the way the kids have something to believe in, the hustle and bustle of Black Friday and the season, and the time I get to spend with family. I'm gearing up, ready to check out the outside lights and get them in working order, making a new tree skirt, and setting up the tree. I love this time of year.
Yies! It's unbelievable I know, but I am officially a M.O.A.T. (also known as the Mother Of A Teenager)
DaNell is 13 today!
It seems like just yesterday I was waiting impatiently for her to be born. Pacing and trying everything to speed it up. Now I think maybe I'm to blame for her growing up too fast. She's always been in a hurry and a little impatient. I am learning each day, dealing with her moods as best as I can, and just watching her grow into a mature young lady. We have our ups and downs, but as long as the ups outweigh the downs we are doing well. I was listening to her and her friends talk last night while trick-or-treating, of I remember the days when all I had to worry about was if my shoes matched my clothes, who was the cutest boy that week, or if my pants made my butt look too big. Oh, those were the days! It's nice to see that things haven't changed all that much since we were in Jr. High. I want DaNell to know how proud I am of her and how much I love her and love watching her grow.