Sunday, September 5, 2010

Joining the Work Force

I have been contemplating going back to work for a while now, a job came available at the Elementary that I thought would be just perfect for me, so I applied, got an interview, and then was denied the job. I took it very hard, their reasoning was that I did not have enough experience...how could I not have enough experience, I have been a volunteer at that school for over 9 years....anyway I waited and another position became available at the jr. high, again I applied on Tuesday, got a call on Wed. for an interview on Thurs., went to the interview and was offered the job on Thurs. 2 hours after the interview. It is only part time, but it is my motivation to gain experience...I haven't started yet, but should in the next couple weeks. I am both excited and nervous, I have been out of the workforce for 8 years now...I am hoping all goes well. It will be a new learning experience for me :-)

No comments: