Saturday, November 13, 2010

Quick Update

November is already flying by. DaNell celebrated her 15th brithday on the 1st. She is studying the Drivers Ed book hoping to get her learners permit soon. She brought home Straight A's on her report card for 1st quarter. She is preparing for a Ballet recital on Dec. 4th.
Taylor is doing well, he finished Football and tried out for the basketball team, he wasn't picked, but wasn't too disappointed. His PE teacher talked him into trying Wrestling, he will start that on Monday. He had a couple of his cousins come over and give him some pointers, I think he just might like it. His report card was good, he has a couple of areas to improve on, and so far is working hard. We will be attending his Football Banquet later today.
Schydi....well Schdyi is just a ball of energy. She has decided to try to play Jr. Jazz basketball this year, it starts in January. Her report card was good, and she has improved on not talking as much in class. She is learning her multiplication facts.
Leyton is doing pretty good in school too. He now walks in through the front doors by himself, doesn't cry, and follows his morning procedures well. His report card was good, we have a couple of areas to focus on, but are working on them daily. He likes his teacher and is going to be the Star Student in his class next week. He is quickly picking up on the letter names and sounds they make.
Good Job Kids, I am proud of you all.
I usually don't write much about me, but I think I will today. I am still working on my college classes with one more year to go! In the last week I have learned how to install a ceiling fan/light and it even works, I have learned a little about leaky faucets, 1. how to turn the water off 2. How to take apart the handle, and 3 how to ask for help. I have also finished some painting/drywall work in one of the bedrooms, and learned that my poor old fridge is on it's last leg, I guess 15 years is all it can take :-(
It seems I run constantly, but it's all worth it. The kids and I are making it, some days are better than others, as long as the good ones outnumber the bad, we will be o.k. Thanks to all our friends and family for helping us through everything. We really do appreciate you :-)

No comments: