Saturday, April 9, 2011

FBLA-Hockey Game

Last Friday DaNell competed in the State FBLA Public Speaking Competition, in Layton. She was gone for 2 1/2 days, she did well on her speech, but ended up not placing and going on to finals on Friday. She had a fun time and enjoyed her new experiences.
We had plans to go to the Grizzlies Hockey Game on that Friday before we knew she was going to state, I made arrangements to leave here early and pick her up in Layton before the awards at the competition. The boys and I left here around 10 and headed for Layton, thanks to my new "smart phone" I used the navigation and it took me right to my destination. After picking her up, we headed back to SL, got checked into out hotel and the kids went swimming for a bit, before heading over to Golden Corral for dinner then off to the Hockey Game. The Grizzlies ended up losing 3-1 but the game was packed with fights. We had a ball.
On Saturday, we went to a birthday party for my sisters twins, Zaden and Zaric. We had a good time and even scored some hair flairs :) Then we ventured home. Sunday we were pretty lazy, didn't get a whole lot accomplished. But oh, well such is life sometimes.
Here's to our next adventure! Planning a trip to Colorado Springs in June, depending on Baseball schedules and such.

No comments: