Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Yes I know I am behind in blogging......again. My life is so crazy these days, family, work, kids, drill team, cheerleading, and every day life keeps me hopping. I do complain about things sometimes, but truth be known, I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's a few updates on the kids. DaNell is doing well in school, almost finished with Drill Team for this year, and doesn't plan on returning to the drill team next year. Instead she would like to try out Student Government, she had started receiving letters for various scholarships, looking into colleges(although she claims she is never moving out), and making some plans as to what she would like to be when she grows up. She is such an amazing daughter, I am so lucky to be her mom. Taylor is also doing well in school, he tried out for the Basketball team this year and was cut (those coaches obviously don't know talent when they see it, I think I was more bummed out about it than he was) he is now back to deciding if he wants to play baseball this year or just concentrate on football. He has a great desire to just play football, he wants to be a starter for Carbon High in the fall. I know when he puts his mind to really doing something, he can do anything he wants to do! He will be 15 in a few months and is counting down the days until he can get his Learner's Permit, (thinks he gets to drive me to work every day once he gets his permit) He brings such joy and happiness to our family everyday, I am proud to call him my son. Schydi-Little Miss Attitude! She is doing really well in school this year, straight A's and one B+ for the second quarter. She is in Cheer this year and is loving it, they just had their first competition where they placed 4th out of 12 teams- Nice Job Fierce Cheer! She loves to help people and is a great helper with the baby. She is always wanting to get her homework done and turned in on time, her class recently had to write a report about a state, her state was Texas, she had so much fun writing the first one, she wrote an extra one on Louisiana, next they went to countries where she has already written one on Egypt and plans on writing another one on Europe. Just might have a little writer/journalist on my hands :) Schydi brings so much fun and energy to our family, she's Little Miss Sassy Pants most days! I wouldn't change her for the world. Leyton is excelling in her reading this year, he started the year below reading level and has already made so much progress, his report card showed he is reading at grade level now. I am so proud of him. He has also had some struggles in Math where is is also making great progress this year, I am so happy he has a teacher who cares and is willing to work with him and put in the little extra he needs to be successful in 2nd grade. He loves music and received an mp3 player for Christmas that he listens too every chance he gets. He makes me smile everyday, I love listening to his ideas and how he thinks, he's amazing and I am so glad that he is mine! And Baby Wyatt- My little man is growing so fast, he is already 10 months old and so much fun. He is crawling, pulling himself up on everything, has figured out how to climb the stairs, and chatters up a storm. He is such a funny baby, makes me laugh every day. Little Mr. Loves his Taylor so much, no matter what,Taylor can always make him happy,it's so nice to see the bond they already have between them. I was a little nervous about having a baby in the house again, but I am so happy he is here, happy and healthy. Babies are so wonderful! I am so proud of each and everyone of my children, they truly make life so much fun!

No comments: