Saturday, January 11, 2014

Back To Life

We started back to the daily grind on Jan. 2, 2014 with having school and work to return to. The kids were not ready to return to school by any means, but did survive the whole 2 days. The next week brought a Dr. appt for me, 1 day of Leyton being sick and staying home, 2 days of Wyatt being sick, 1 day of Taylor being sick, DaNell has been sick for the whole week, Schydi is snotty and sick, and D.J. it seems has caught what everyone else has had also. Go US! At my Dr. appointment, I was told that my glucose screening test I had done over the break came back borderline high, so the next step was to get an order to have a 3 hour blood glucose test done to screen for gestational diabetes, in order to do this test I was instructed to eat a high sugar diet for 3 days before the test (a large glazed donut after each meal and one before bed). While most people would love that advice from their Dr. I was not impressed, it was a lot more difficult than I had imagined, I did the best I could, but could not stomach 4 donuts a day for 3 days straight. On the fourth day, I was not able to eat or drink anything after midnight the night before, after registering for this test, I made my way to the lab where the first sample was taken along with a quick test to see where it was at that time. It came back at 84, which was in the normal range, so we were able to proceed with the test. Next up, drinking a solution of glucose, which tasted like orange soda that had been sitting for 4 days without a lid, I then had to go sit in the waiting room, was not able to leave for any reason, my blood was drawn again at exactly 1 hr, 2 hrs, and 3 hrs, from when I finished the lovely drink. I will get the results back on Monday, keeping my fingers crossed that it is negative. After my morning torture, we were able to go grab some lunch, I had a club sandwich, it was very good, after all I was starving ;)

No comments: