Saturday, May 24, 2014

I Promised Myself I Wouldn't Cry...

**** WARNING **** I'M NOT SURE WHO STILL READS MY BLOG, SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY IN THIS POST-THAT'S O.K. WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS.... Sitting in the audience at the BDAC, watching my baby girl participating in her last performances with the drum line and band was bitter sweet. As I was watching her, the tears began to fall, not because I was sad to see her leave high school and move on to bigger and better things, but because I could see the heartache she was feeling....... On a day in which she should have been celebrating her accomplishments, On a day in which she should have had the love and support of her entire family, On a day in which she shouldn't have had to feel any hurt, She was hurting all over again..... sure she tried to hide it, most people didn't even notice, but being her mother, I got to see it as I have many times in the last few years, on the big occasions, 16th birthday, getting her drivers license, junior prom, first heart break, achieving many awards, attending many awards ceremonies, and high school graduation, all of which should have been exciting-Fun times have all been overshadowed by the loss of her father. The hardest part is not being able to understand why things happened the way that they did, no rhyme or reason, no explanation. I for one am tired of seeing my kids suffer and hurt because of the actions of another, how anyone could do this to their children and families is beyond me. I will strive every day to continue to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives and give my children the best life I can possibly give. I will always be here for my children, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to give high fives, arms to lend a hug, I will provide all the love, comfort, and support I can to ensure they get their Happy Every After, My kids are my life, I am proud of each and every one of them, they all bring so much joy, variety, and love to my life, I can't imagine my life without them. I LOVE YOU DANELL, TAYLOR, SCHYDI, LEYTON, WYATT, AND BRYNDIE-THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME PROUD TO BE YOUR MOM! A big Thank You to my family who has been here with us on this wild ride we call life, for loving my children and myself unconditionally through all the good times and the bad times, who are always there when we need them. I will forever be thankful to be a part of such a wonderful family, you have taught me the real meaning of love and sacrifice. Also, thank you to my husband who has been here to help me pick up the pieces and begin rebuilding a life, thank you for seeing something in this broken heart worth fighting for. Thank you for helping me to learn to love again. I Love You All! Now that the tears are over, stay tuned for graduation party pics coming over the weekend!

No comments: