Sunday, March 1, 2009

Antenna TV

We have been patiently waiting for the switch from analog to digital service, when we heard the switch had been delayed, we were bummed. We wanted to at least try it and see how the picture was. On Friday we heard that some stations had switched, so we gave it a try. We hooked up the converter box and the antenna and waaa-laaa we had a great picture. I ran the channel scan and picked up 23 channels all for free! I couldn't believe the picture compared to what it used to be. So Saturday I picked up another box to hook up the tv in the living room and then I canceled my satellite service, I figured at least now if there's nothing to watch, I won't have to pay for nothing to watch :-) I have to say that I am a little surprised that the cable companies and satellite providers didn't fight the switch harder. I think with the economy it may hurt a lot of them with having access to free channels. I am happy the picture is so good now and also happy to get rid of a monthly bill.

No comments: