Friday, August 14, 2009

Football Practice

Taylor has started football practices the last few days and so far he LOVES it !
As for me I am not so sure I am liking it, they go from 6:00 p.m. to at least 8:00 p.m. every night. This seems like too long to me. It has been difficult for me watching some of the practices, first off I don't know the coaches, I don't know if I like the way they are coaching, it seems like they already have their favorites picked and some of the other kids are getting left behind. There is also a lot of yelling that goes on. Maybe it's the aggressive style I am having a hard time with? I am used to baseball, knowing the coaches and the way things are going to go for the most part, and being friends with the coaches which has helped make me feel at ease. Football for me so far is very different. As long as Taylor is having fun, I guess that is all that really matters, and he is :-) He counts down the hours from practice to practice every day. Last night the asked if anyone else there was a quarterback and he stepped up and practiced in the quarterback position, he looked like he was doing a great job for not ever doing it before, except on the playground at school. I was happy to see him take the initiative himself and go for it. I think games start in the next couple weeks, so I'll keep you posted on his (as well as my) progress.

No comments: