Saturday, November 1, 2008

Can You Believe it?

Yies! It's unbelievable I know, but I am officially a M.O.A.T.
(also known as the Mother Of A Teenager)

DaNell is 13 today!

It seems like just yesterday I was waiting impatiently for her to be born. Pacing and trying everything to speed it up. Now I think maybe I'm to blame for her growing up too fast. She's always been in a hurry and a little impatient. I am learning each day, dealing with her moods as best as I can, and just watching her grow into a mature young lady. We have our ups and downs, but as long as the ups outweigh the downs we are doing well.
I was listening to her and her friends talk last night while trick-or-treating, of I remember the days when all I had to worry about was if my shoes matched my clothes, who was the cutest boy that week, or if my pants made my butt look too big. Oh, those were the days! It's nice to see that things haven't changed all that much since we were in Jr. High.
I want DaNell to know how proud I am of her and how much I love her and love watching her grow.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Love,
Mom

P.S. I'm not old enough to be a M.O.A.T

No comments: