Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mission Unsuccessful (sort-of)

Well we got up yesterday at 3:00 a.m. in order to make it to JC Penny's by 4:00 there wasn't a whole lot we really wanted there but we had to go anyway, just in case we missed something in the ads and of course to get our free smow globe. We did find a couple things and were out of there by 4:15 headed to Wal-Mart. Here we waited and waited counting down the long minutes to 5:00, thinking we were very smart we had our people positioned on each side of the entrances with very good position too I must say, well here they come to unlock the doors.....waiting patiently (or as patient as we can) watching the key go into the lock.....waiting.....waiting...nothing our doors would not open :( By this time everyone was pushing and shoving toward the other doors.....we got smashed, prodded, pushed and ended up making it in the door by the hair's on our chins. I could not believe it! This was the most people I have ever seen lined up in the parking lot, they stretched nearly out to main street on both entrances....crazy....I know....and here we were in the middle of this mess! Well needless to say I wasn't able to accomplish my mission by getting any of the major things on my list...I was so bummed. The most frustrating part was seeing people with multiple amount of the same item, one thing I was looking for a lady had about 40 of them in her cart...WHAT? I think there should be some kind of limit or something when people are buying the discounted items then selling them on E-Bay that's not cool. I only wanted 2 of them I mean really. I did find a few other items and it was fun...I just don't see the need for the hoarding that was going on this year...Hopefully next year will be better :) Only 364 days to go!

1 comment:

Dane said...

Yeah, it was pretty crazy. This was just my second Black Friday shopping event. Grandma, Yvette, Shelly, DaNell, Lynnae; everybody had several things on their lists and a whole strategy going. They trusted me with one thing, just one simple thing (video game).

I couldn't find that one stupid thing, so sue me. I took a wrong turn and got stuck in a mass of humanity in the electronics aisle of Wal-Mart. At one point, I found myself crawling along a shelf trying to get away from the all the people. I was thinking, “What am I doing here?"

I finally made it to the video game place (by the groceries, of course) and it was gutted. I had one thing to get and I failed. Black Friday is not a place for amateurs.